Here is a recipe that just keeps on giving!!
When you are in the mood for something a little bit naughty but know that a sugary and dairy packed milkshake is going to make you bloated and feel guilty. Then reach for this little gem and slurp away until your hearts content and your tummy thanks you for giving it such goodness.
What am I talking about? Well about a month back the husband and I were having one of those lazy Saturdays. Curled up on the sofa watching The Walking Dead – we had a craving for a chocolate milkshake…random!
The problem with that is we don’t keep any bad food in the house. I shop in 3 aisles of the supermarket so when it comes to combating cravings I always have to make everything from scratch even the naughty stuff. So that kinda puts me off!
I had a light bulb moment, I knew I had some frozen bananas in the fridge, a can of organic coconut milk and some raw cacao powder…
‘What could I make with that?’ I wondered!
The result was a frozen, coco-nutty, chocolaty “milk”shake. Enough with the babbling.
Here is the recipe…get shakin!
Serves 2 People
What you need:
- X1 Can of Organic Coconut Milk
- X1 Large frozen banana (pre chopped)
- X2 Large Tablespoons of Raw Cacao
- X1 Small Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- If you need it a little sweeter then add a dash of maple syrup but I think it is sweet enough thanks to the bananas.
Do the shake:
- Throw everything into a Nutribullet or blender and whizz until smooth and chocolaty and dreamy and delicious!
Sit back and indulge!